Water is an essential resource in sport and is used in a variety of ways. Sports clubs can optimise water supply and drainage in collaboration with those renting out/leasing out the sports facilities and with the partner municipality.
For sports clubs, the following goals are relevant to achieve sustainability:
- Save water, especially hot water
- Encouragement to drink tap water
- Encouragement to use rainwater
- Soil de-sealing measures
- Protection of groundwater
- Environmentally sound wastewater disposal